[Diabetes-talk] glucagon

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 14:09:15 UTC 2015

Glucagon kits do not expire for a year, so those considering a prescription
for one, just to let you know. And in the event you use one, you call the
doc, and they prescribe another. If you do not need to use it, and it
expires, again, you have the doc call another one into the pharmacy.

For me, glucose tablets never dissolve in my mouth, even with some water to
help the process. I also tend to be very lucid with lows though, even when
in the 40's and 30's. This was years ago, but I was 19, and was able to tell
my boyfriend what to do. Nonetheless, I have never had glucose tablets
dissolve on me. When I was little, my parents tried glucose tablets too when
having insulin reactions, and the damn things just wouldn't dissolve. We
went through glucogon frequently when I was younger, unfortunately.