[Diabetes-talk] Your experiences in turning the struggles of Diabetic Gastroparesis into a success

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Sep 8 20:24:46 UTC 2015

Hello all once again,
In 2007, I was diagnosed with having Diabetic Gastroparesis. I will
admit that I have had many struggles in dealing with this condition
from not having an effective medicine that I can afford or constantly
overindulging in food at one meal setting. I was wondering what
advice/ techniques and advice you all can give me in better managing
this condition.

In regards to the medicine I have been prescribed, I was prescribed
Reglan which gave me extremely negative adverse neurological affects.
I was prescribed a high dosage and these affects  did not subside
until I was completely taken of Reglan. I was then given a lower
dosage years later in hopes that it would work, but unfortunately it
does not. I am very hesitant to go for a higher dosage, because I do
not want the negative affects to surface again. and the other
Erythromicin I am severely allergic too. My insurance does not cover
any other medicine , that works well with the condition.

In regards to meals, I have been told many different things such as
stay away from high fiber foods such as broccoli, eat 6 small meals a
day or maintain a low fiber diet. In all honesty, I find myself
overindulging in my meals and do not always keep a consistent
half-meal diet.

I am hoping that many of you will share your experiences and stories
of challenges to success stories in dealing with Diabetic
Gastroparesis.

Warm Regards,

Jonathan Franks