[Diabetes-talk] Testing 8 Times a Day?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Wed Aug 3 13:01:48 UTC 2016

Hi Bridgit, and All,

I get what you're saying, Bridgit, and can't (or
at least shouldn't) disagree in the least. I know
it's true. But my sarcastic side kicked in first
in my response yesterday. For decades, I've
struggled to keep up with the "4 times a day"
recommendations. Now that I've achieved that, I
find they're recommending 8 times a day. Sheesh is
all I'll say. Just, Sheesh. ;-)

I know it's good, though. I remember in the 90's
they had that 10-year study which showed that the
more you took your insulin per day, the better
long-term health you had. The ones who took it
once a day were worst-off. The ones who took it
twice a day were better, and 3 times a day were
even better, on up to 4 and 5 times a day, etc.
That's why I'm so thankful I got a pump, as I
hated sticking myself multiple times a day. And
sticking myself with insulin multiple times, and
then having to stick myself for blood testing
multimple times on top of that, never fully agreed
with me and my stubbornness. But, hey, as I said,
I know that's why I'm blind now, too. We're all
held accountable for our actions (or lack of them)
one way or another.

Strive On!
Everett