[Diabetes-talk] inpatiently waiting

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Wed Dec 7 04:43:31 UTC 2016

I just wanted to let those of you know that I have the new insulin pump
still sitting in the box, but I have met my trainer from Medtronics last
week at my doctor's office.  I have another appointment this Friday and I
will be planning on testing out how the 530 pump works with an IPhone.  I
wanted and received the 630 pump and I am really disappointed that they did
not follow through with the IPhone and the 630 pump.  In conversation with
the trainer she didn't say yes and she didn't say no, but she does think the
fact that the 670 pump received FDA approval faster then they thought and
with that one coming out in Spring I kinda think that they flipped over to
be more ready for the 670 pump "artificial pancreas" to be out in the
Spring.

Now what I am waiting inpatiently for is getting a date for Medicare, Judge
and lawyers for Medicare to cover the cost of the CGM for me.  We are hoping
to get a date before the end of this year for my last and final appeal to
Medicare to cover me the CGM  expenses or deny them.

I believe they are still looking for folks to be part of this.  They
contacted and is waiting for my indocrinologist to send in her letter
regarding my need for this device.  My doctor agrees without the CGM the
pump will be able to work to it's fullest and turn off when my blood sugars
dive down.

This all takes place via a phone call and I have requested a chance to speak
at this hearing so the judge will hear my side of this, too.  If they feel
it necessary they can arrange for even my doctor to call in and I was told
that the judge has worked around scheduling so the doctor can participate.

Wish me luck.

JoyceKane