[Diabetes-talk] inpatiently waiting

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Thu Dec 8 01:19:55 UTC 2016

All that I have had so far was the salesman come out and let me touch it.
Showed me how to bolus  and fill the insulin into the vial that goes into
the pump.  That was it.  I sent questions which haven't been answered yet.
I learned from a comment here that you have to draw insulin from a bottle.
I asked about this and told them I have only drawn insulin into a syringe
using a Count a dose.  I do not have insulin in a bottle so it sounds like
this is not going to be in use for a while.

I spoke to Medtronics today as my trainer wanted me to exchange what I have
for the Sure T whatevers and I will be getting them Monday.[my fault I
forgot to call on Monday], but Gee Whiz I am getting a bit upset as I was
informed that I had 30 days to return or change the pump that was ordered.
I received it the Thursday before Thanksgiving and had the first face to
face training[more or less me really having a chance to ask questions to the
trainer.  So according to Medtronics I have 1 week to decide if this is the
pump I want or not.

I did send a message to the trainer and she told me that the trainer and
salesman team decides and don't worry about what Medtronics tells me.

I have my next appointment with the trainer Friday and she wants my son to
come with me to talk to him and include him in with the training a little
bit.  He doesn't live with me, but he works in town [10  minutes  away from
my house]  So any problems I would probably call him.

I really do think this was handled wrong from the start and the trainer
never worked before with a visually impaired person.  She did call up and
talk to the other trainers that has done training with visually impaired
folks, but none of them have worked with a totally blind person.

Does anyone out there using the 530G Medtronic pump with an IIPhone?  That
will be the test Friday.

I think I am going to see if the trainer will work with me more then once a
week.

Joyce