[Diabetes-talk] Glucose testing, and that elusive drop of blood

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Mon Feb 8 15:52:51 UTC 2016

Lately, I've started sticking myself on the pad of the finger (note, not the side as is recommended) while holding the hand flat, palm-up. Then I bring the meter/strip and place the knotch about where I think the blood is. I may use a thumb to squeeze the finger a bit. Then, still just barely touching the strip to the finger, I rotate the hand 180 so palm is down. Finally, I make very, very small circles with the strip around the puncture. Lately, this has given me a good reading right away almost all of the time.

Again, a different technique.

Mike Freeman