[Diabetes-talk] Acquiring My Meeter Difficulty

Daniel Chavez topdog2046 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 21:34:37 UTC 2016

Hello list,
Good news! Insurance, I'd assume secondary, came through for my meter.
I have the tracking number for my order, so I'll be able to determine when it will be delivered by.
I'm happy for the fact that all of my fighting finally payed off. I'm quite surprised my doctor knew nothing about the talking meter and it was up to me to get it. If it weren't for a friend showing me their's, and me doing research, talking to insurance to get a supplier, I wouldn't have gotten it probably.
Now i have a few questions (not in regards to the meter):
1. If I need any more supplies (e.g., test strips), lancits, etc, does my doctor need to fax another prescription approval to my medical supplier that I used?
2. If i only test once a day, how many boxes of strips should I be getting, as well as lancits, etc?
3. If I wanted to upgrade my meter to say, a Prodigy Voice later on, I'd need to have my doctor fax another approval to a different medical supplier? The one I use doesn't have the Prodigy Voice, only the Solus V2.
4. How often should i reorder supplies?
I can't think of any more questions for now. When I have more, I'll post.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Daniel