[Diabetes-talk] Accessible CGM

TALey at ups.com TALey at ups.com
Mon Jul 11 11:57:28 UTC 2016

Hi,

Two items.
First, I completely agree with Veronica regarding the fantastic help a CGM would be when pregnant and managing diabetes. That being said, it is a great help for most type ones. I just returned from a national conference named Friends for Life" which is hosted by the Children With Diabetes (CWD) organization - it is for parents of children with type one. Almost every single one of the children at the conference, over 500 by my estimate, had a CGM on. And, the new Dexcom G5 Mobile systems make it a snap to share the data with another person, like a parent. All the parents had their phones out watching how their children's blood sugars were doing, even when their children were off at Disney or another part of the hotel. Pretty cool.

Second, hang in there Veronica, you will eventually master getting the sensors on without the tape sticking together. I don't have a second thought any more when I have to put on a new sensor, but it took a few months to get there.

I wear my sensor anywhere from ten to 14 days, based on how long I can keep the tape stuck on.

Tom

I've been using the Dexcom sensors for a couple of years, and now almost never have any issues with applying the sensors without