[Diabetes-talk] This sounds great.

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Wed Jul 13 01:21:35 UTC 2016

Tom:

Thank you so much for this information.  This has helped me a lot.  Now I
need to rattle them to get moving on getting the pump.

This is what my problem is.  I live basically by myself and I started last
September getting a lot of low blood sugars.  Low enough that my son finds
me passed out on the floor around supper time and the last thing I remember
is 3 hours ago.  I have passed out trying to get to the kitchen for juice
and did not make it and passed out for several hours before coming back so I
can get up off the floor and get some food.

I lost mmy husband 2 years ago and lost my guide dog last year.

I will fight medicare and United Care to purchase this pump as they told me
my insurance will pay in full for the older pump 4.  They won't pay for the
one that has the sensors.  I refused the other pump as I need the  Medtronic
530G, pump and this is the pump and the CGM that my doctor is recommending.

My son use to work at home, but in the last year he works out of the house
and lives on the third floor of our 2 family home.  So as I said I am by
myself most of the time day and night.

Hoping to get an approval or denial by the end of this week.  As I have an
advocate from our state Health Department that will help with the denial, if
that is what I get.  Wemt to the Endo doc today and she has great hopes that
I get approval.

Joyce