[Diabetes-talk] More CGM questions

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 17:37:12 UTC 2016

Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Diabetes-Talk [mailto:diabetes-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Veronica Elsea via Diabetes-Talk
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:18 PM
To: 'Diabetes Talk for the Blind' <diabetes-talk at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Veronica Elsea <veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com>
Subject: Re: [Diabetes-talk] More CGM questions

Bridgit, I don't know the exact number because I do have insurance which
covered part of it. But if you'd like, one of the many phone numbers I have
for Dexcom is 888-738-3646. I'm sure someone there could tell you.
Right now I'm having trouble with the concept of only giving us one sensor
per week. Last Friday I inserted one which wouldn't calibrate after three
days. Monday's sensor died this morning so here goes another one. Sheesh! I
absolutely love the Dexcom when it works. As for tape, my hubby made me a
template so I could cut the middle out of a piece of Tegaderm. I now put the
Tegaderm over the Dexcom tape in the hope that it will last better through
showers and help me not worry about wrinkling the Dexcom tape when I put it
on. Here's hoping this sensor lasts or things could get expensive. Oh they
do replace them for free. Mostly I'm struggling with the resorting of my
life. When a sensor doesn't calibrate, you do three sticks 15 minutes apart
and then if it doesn't calibrate you change it, which means a two-hour warm
up before doing two sticks. Now, fit that into jumping out of bed and
getting out the door quickly. I'm still working on all of this. Wow! Like I
said, I love it when it works right. I really do.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407