[Diabetes-talk] Medtronic app for pump and CGM

TALey at ups.com TALey at ups.com
Thu Jul 21 11:33:28 UTC 2016

When I last spoke with a blind user of the Medtronic app for their pump, Voiceover read the current blood sugar reading, but it did not indicate with voiceover the trend of your blood sugar, such as steady or rising slowly, etc. The Dexcom G5 gives you both the current number and your current trend.

And, as Bridget said, the Medtronic app only lets you read information, it does not let you interact with the CGM to start or stop it, calibrate it, etc. This will require sighted assistance twice a day, to calibrate it.
I can independently calibrate my Dexcom CGM from the Dexcom app, and all the other functions such as start it, stop it, etc.

Tom