[Diabetes-talk] Food

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Jul 28 04:12:12 UTC 2016

There never was a meter that took readings from the wrist. There was a
device, called the GlucoWatch, that sampled intersticial fluid by
electrically drawing it into the watch and then giving you a reading. But
there was too much irritation of the skin and, in any case, one still had to
do fingerstick calibrations. The GlucoWatch was withdrawn from sale.

I think it's safe to say that pricking fingers is one of the "givens" of
diabetes care -- at least in the U.S. Most blind diabetics have trouble as
Sandi says getting enough blood or smearing it. But I assure you: practice
really does help.

Mike Freeman