[Diabetes-talk] Test strips and solution for Prodigy meter

Raul A. Gallegos raul at raulgallegos.com
Tue May 10 18:15:32 UTC 2016

Hello all. I just joined the list. I myself am not diabetic, but my girlfriend is. She uses the talking Prodigy talking meter. I am wondering where the best places you have found to get additional test strips and calibrating solution. I'm very new to all of this and so I want to learn as much as I can. Walgreens sells 50 strips for $60 and that seems like a lot. I found 100 strips for $33 from Amazon from a seller with great reputation. What sort of things should I watch for when purchasing test strips? I know they should not be expired. Also I just learned that if they are stored in extreme temperatures that could ruin them as well.

While I am at it, are there only one kind of talking glucose meters for blind people to use? I have only seen the Prodigy. Lastly, how often should it be recalibrate do?

Thanks, and my apologies if my questions seem elementary.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Assistive Technology Trainer

Voice/Text: 832.554.7285