[Diabetes-talk] DexCom G5 Mobile CGM

TALey at ups.com TALey at ups.com
Wed May 11 18:26:41 UTC 2016

Thanks Ed. I've noticed that as well. It was a happy discovery when they put this in the new software about a month ago. I'm glad several of us are talking with Dexcom about the accessibility issues with this app.

One other area Dexcom added that is not accessible yet is in the Dexcom widget they added that can be accessed from the iPhone start screen, where you put in your password.

When you wake up your phone, you can put one finger in the status bar at the very top, then pull down. It opens up the notification center. Dexcom added a "widget" in here so you can see your current blood glucose without having to unlock the phone. This piece is not accessible. Voiceover announces the labels, but not the number. Hopefully they will add this in an upcoming release.

Tom