[Diabetes-talk] Ouch

Ross Winetsky rosswinetsky at bellsouth.net
Thu May 12 03:04:32 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member to the list and am totally blind. I use the prodigy voice.
I have a problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm a guitarist so I
only test on my right hand because I have calluses on my left and don't want
to desensitize my fingers when playing guitar. I use insulin so I test five
times per day. My fingers on the right-hand are quite calloused and sore. I
have started using gold bond diabetic hand cream which helps some, but it is
often quite painful and difficult to get a good test sample. I've tried
using alternative sites, but I found that it is near impossible with no
vision

Anyone have an idea how I can test my fingers without making them so sore
and difficult to obtain samples from

Thanks so much,

Ross