[Diabetes-talk] Subject: Re: Insulin Pumps, and Scar Tissue from Years of Syringes

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:56:03 UTC 2016

Yes, I am lucky. It was my endocrine who suggested I switch to a pump years
ago while I was in the process of losing my vision. He never thought it was
impossible or dangerous for me. I know of another blind patient of his who
also was encouraged to use a pump. He no longer practices at my clinic,
unfortunately, but so far, no one has doubted my ability to use it. I also
have 12 years in the hat of effectively managing my diabetes with it, so
they would be crazy to suggest now I can't do it, grin. At my clinic, the
nurse educators are trained on various pumps, so they are quite
knowledgeable. I've never had interactions with the pump reps.