[Diabetes-talk] Cereals and snacks I can eat?

Terri Stimmel princessterri76 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 14:25:24 UTC 2016

Hello once more everybody,

This will be the last post for me for a while. But I just had some more questions, and I figured you all would have some ideas. OK, I need to start eating better. I know this. But I'm stubborn, and I don't like it, and it makes me frustrated! Plus, if I don't get enough to eat I feel like I am literally starving! Then I'm not a very nice person. LOL!

So I am trying to get better at eating lean ground beef, I like a lot of chicken so that is good, and I don't eat it fried. I want to try to eat fish more. I drink 2% milk, because I cannot stand skim milk. I do drink soda, quite a bit. But for several years now I have drink diet soda. Sometimes I will drink power aid zero. But after a while, they almost taste too sweet to me. I will drink only bottled water, and I am trying to drink at least a couple of bottles a day. I know that's not much. But at least it's better than nothing. Are used to never drink water. My weakness is red diamond sweet tea. I love that stuff! I try to only drink a glass a day, if I can be good. But sometimes I do have two glasses.
No for my big question!
I enjoy eating cereal sometimes, and oatmeal sometimes. I usually get apple and cinnamon oatmeal, because that is my favorite. I was eating two packages at a time. But I have started to try to only eat one package at a time.
If I eat one package of the apple and cinnamon oatmeal, are there other things I can eat with it to help me feel full? Also, I enjoy cereal.
However, I like mostly the bad stuff, such as fruit loops! I even smell yummy!
Anyway, what are some cereals I can enjoy, that would taste really good, but be better for me?
If I eat the good cereals, again, are there things I can eat with it that will help me feel full? I do like the regular Cheerios also, and I know that is all right to eat. And I was told once a long time ago that I could eat honey nut Cheerios, but in small doses.

Also I was wondering, what are some good healthy snacks I can eat and enjoy, but that will also taste good?
I like some of the bad stuff, such as potato chips, cookies, popcorn, and just whatever else sounds good.

Now, I do enjoy white yogurt. Although I haven't had any for a while. I love oranges! But I hear they really aren't good for me to eat.
So are their fruit that I can have, in moderation? That was supposed to be, light yogurt. I can't eat apples, because I have dentures. So some fruits are just impossible to eat! Heck, some foods are difficult to eat.

Anyway, if someone can give me some ideas as to what kind of snacks and cereals, and fruits, and maybe even some more drinks that I don't know about that I could get, I would really, greatly appreciate the help. I'm making a grocery list tonight, and I would like to start off doing better. With that said, I don't want to buy things that are really expensive, because it's just not in my budget. I don't want to buy anything organic, even though I know it might be better for me. I would appreciate any help possible.

Thank you so much!

Terri