[Diabetes-talk] Cereals and snacks I can eat?

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 15:25:14 UTC 2016

Oh yes, nuts are a great snack and source of protein. although, raw,
unsalted nuts are best, and a serving is just a handful. I like almonds and
cashews myself. You could do a handful of nuts and a couple slices lunchmeat
or a fresh fruit for a snack. An apple, 1/2 cup of grapes, a small banana,
etc.

BTW, 6.3 is a great A1-C for any diabetic, even type 2. Having as low of
A1-C is great for our diabetes, but I've also learned that the more I stress
about the number, usually the worse I do, smile. Just follow your regimen,
get exercise and try not to stress too much about things, smile.