[Diabetes-talk] Someone told me a long time ago

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 22:39:38 UTC 2016

When thinking about fruit...any fruit, how many apples did it take to create
that one glass of juice? How many oranges, how many grapes?  And that is why
drinking juice will rise your blood sugar a lot faster when you are having a
low.

When you are having a low blood sugar do you get the urge that you can't get
the food in your mouth fast enough?  You are famished?  That you want to
jump over that counter because that person isn't cookin  your hamburger fast
enough?  Your hands are shaking and your knees don't feel like they are
going to keep you standing?  These are some signs of a low blood sugar.  Be
thankful you can feel these things.  I have been through that and now I
don't feel any of those signs.  I am busy as usual and I feel tired, don't
everyone get that way during a day?  Then I wake up on the floor, in the bed
or even collapse trying to get to the kitchen, candy draw or where ever you
keep those tablets that will bring up your sugar, but you basically fade out
and what is going thru your mind is, Gotta get some juice, gotta move and
get a candy.  The world seems to be moving normally, but you are in slow
motion.  It is harder without sight as you can't see the world spinning and
you just fade out.

I did not write this to scare anyone.  Diabetes effect different people in
different ways and I think we can relate this to each other, but a non
diabetic just don't understand it.

I have been a diabetic for 58 years.    I have been on this list from the
start of it.  No one can be perfect every day.  No one has diabetes just
like that other person standing over there.  You need to take control of
your life and your feelings and signs and learn from all of that.  You are
the only resource that your endocrinologist has.

Keep asking questions and sharing, so you will learn you are not alone or
the only one that faces these things.
Joyce