[Diabetes-talk] Dexcom app and iOS 10.1

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Oct 27 02:51:16 UTC 2016

Hi Gary!
There is no problem with the Dexcom app and iOS 10.1, at least not any that
aren't already there in iOS 10. The main thing to remember is that when you
are entering a BG number, after you enter it, go up towards the top and find
save. Once it says, "is this correct? And it will repeat the number you've
just entered, here's the trick. There are two sets of save and cancel
buttons. One set is a ghost. You want to find the save button which appears
between the 2 and the 5. Sighted people won't see the numbers because they
are a ghost from the previous screen. But VoiceOver sure still reads this,
at least on the phone. You will know if you got it right because if you did,
you'll hear the little zingy sound and you'll go back to the normal screen.
Every once in awhile you'll hear VoiceOver say "button" and I have no idea
why it's there but double-tapping on it doesn't seem to hurt or do anything.
That's pretty much it for this version. Good luck with it and let me know if
you want any tape hints. I'm doing better thanks to some actual advice I
finally got from Dexcom. Sheesh!
Good luck and here's hoping it's a happy marriage. <grin>
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407