[Diabetes-talk] Gluten Free

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:36:22 UTC 2016

Gluten-free products are deceiving. They don't contain any less carbs, and
sometimes, they have more carbs. Being gluten-free doesn't really affect the
carb amount. You still need to be mindful of carbs when eating gluten-free.

And just a little side note. This is something I learned and didn't realize.
Most people think gluten has something to do with wheat, but gluten is a
product that basically keeps other items together, to put it in laymen's
terms. Sort of like glue. It's often used in wheat products, but it's also
used in items from pickles to canned items to the sticky stuff on envelops.
It's like a bonding agent, I guess you could look at it this way.