[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom G5 Sensor Question

Daniel Chavez topdog2046 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 03:09:24 UTC 2017

Good day list,
I have a question in regards to the Dexcom G5 sensor.
My doctor asked me to reset the sensor in order for it to last for a period of 2 (two) weeks, until my next appointment with them. They said that if I stop and then start the sensor session, it'd trick the system into thinking it's working with a new sensor.
Is this statement true? Also, what would happen to the current receiver readings? As far as calibration's, would I have to do a 2 hour warmup? (Which might include 2 calibrations.)
I'm just worried that if I stop and start the sensor session the receiver and phone might think it's a new sensor and therefore, it might wipe out the data to start new sensor readings.