[Diabetes-Talk] G5 question

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Feb 13 01:22:29 UTC 2017

I just turn down the volume level at night so I still hear it and so I can
still grab the phone and check my number during the night if I want to do
that. I found having all the alarms really hard on my quality of sleep. Yes
I really learned a lot, oh I did. But wow! And if an alarm goes off and you
ignore it, it goes off again, louder! For some reason since getting my
iPhone 7, they're really loud! <grin>
But turning off the ordinary high and low alarms and just checking it myself
more frequently has actually worked out okay for me. I was getting myself
way too worked up, oh please please don't let me get an alarm in the middle
of a doctor's appointment! <grin> But now I just lower the volume a few
notches at night and I'm okay. The other thing that really surprised me
about the alarms was this. Let's say I had my low set to 65. If I was going
down and crossed 65, the alarm would sound. But then, if I continued down to
59, and then started going back up again, when it crossed 65 again on the
way up, the silly thing would alarm again. Good grief! I also got caught a
couple of times when I hovered right around my high alarm and it kept going
down just a little, back up just a little, and so on. That's what made me
turn them off now that you can't just mute the thing. Crazy programmers!
But I sure have gotten addicted to having the information. There is one
little trick with VoiceOver when you're calibrating though. When you get it
and an explanation would mean something, let me know and I'll give you the
details. It's about VoiceOver showing you something that isn't really there.

Having said all of that, I really would encourage you to do the update and
have the access you need.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407