[Diabetes-Talk] Another G5 question

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 00:31:09 UTC 2017

I received my G5 transmitter today and called tech support to help me set it
up for the first time.  I probably could have done it myself, but I was a
little nervous.  Anyway, the one gliche that I had was getting the camera to
take a picture of the bar code.  Any words of wisdom as how I can get the
bar code lined up between the green lines?  I moved my phone all over the
box forever, and it never snapped a picture.  Luckily, my husband's sighted
friend was in the garage with him, lined it up in seconds and off I went.  I
have three months until I need to do this step again, but I was wondering
how everyone else managed to do it.

Other than that, I was so excited to put my first two blood sugars in it
without my kids even assisting me.  I am going to play around with the alert
settings tonight, since they are just set on the default ones right now.
Any helpful hints on doing this is also appreciated!  Thanks Tom for telling
me about being able to input my own blood sugars with the G5 and my phone.
The Dexcom rep was just as excited as me, since he never heard the app being
used by a blind person until now.  He knew it could be done, but he never
actually heard the phone speak the app.

                                                                Jamie