[Diabetes-Talk] Another G5 question - and, we are still waiting

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Feb 23 18:26:10 UTC 2017

I actually do scan my transmitter bar code myself. I did learn one tip when
my sighted husband was watching me. First, it needs really good lighting.
Second, it can be slow to respond. So the trick is to hold the phone near
the bottom of the box and wait. Then move it slightly and wait! I always do
get a response now. It may be faster with a sighted person but sometimes,
success is success! <grin>
Jamie, the other hint, if you haven't figured it out already is that there
is a funky VoiceOver bug in the app. So when you calibrate, you enter your
BG value, then go up and find the save button and double tap. When it says,
Is this correct? Then reads your BG value, you must find a save button
again. But if you look around you will notice two sets of save and cancel
buttons. The top one is just a ghost from the first screen. So make sure you
always hit the lower of the two save buttons, towards 6:00 on the phone.
You'll know it saved because you'll hear a sound and then it will say, main
menu. Also, the next time you change a sensor, you will go in the main menu
and find, "stop sensor." When you double-tap it you'll get the chatter that
means, are you sure? And then, keep swiping till you hear the words, "stop
session." Me I would have repeated the word sensor, but they don't. I
managed to get myself tangled up in help screens trying to figure out what
to double-tap on the first time I went in there.
But glad the start went so well for you and now you can enjoy being able to
look at your numbers yourself any time you want. Yay!
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407