[Diabetes-Talk] re question abotu mainaintag a good a1c level

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:34:33 UTC 2017

I have been a diabetic for 47 years and have learned how to live with
diabetes and not let it run my life.  With all of the latest technology and
ways to manage diabetes, it is not a death sentence.  I, personally look at
it as a healthy way of living.  There are a lot worse conditions that people
are living with than diabetes.  I'm sorry to hear that others are
criticizing your efforts to maintain good blood sugar control.  You are
doing your best, have a pump and Dexcom and hopefully following your diet
and exercising.  I'll tell you what I did to really help keep my blood
sugars in a good range.  I changed the high alert from 240 to 180.  By the
time I am 240, I feel awful, so I lowered when it tells me that I am high.

Take care!

			Jamie