[Diabetes-Talk] A cool triumph.

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 11:43:56 UTC 2017

Veronica,

  I am still having similar problems with my Vibe.  I think I have the
sequence down for a cartridge change, and then it alarms me that my pump is
not primed.  Of course it isn't, because I am holding the almost empty one
in my hand and trying to rewind the darn thing!  I let it time out and try
again, but it often alarms me again.  I finally give in and ask one of my
kids for help.  The other day, my son said that I was in the status menu.
Go figure!  I am hesitant to change my cartridge or battery if no one
sighted is around for assistance.  Every once in a while, I succeed on my
own.  It frustrates me to no end, because I independently managed my Spirit
pump for 18 years.  And, it never fails that I do it correctly when my
daughter watches me to see what I am doing wrong!  I do know that I have to
push the buttons slowly, so I'm wondering if I just push it too fast at
times and end  up somewhere lost in menu land.

Your husband is quite a genious to figure out that jig.  He should market
it!  I don't seem to have issues with my tubing catching the tape.  It is my
undies!

Also, I've been meaning to tell you that my niece goes to UC Santa Cruz.
When we were together last month for my dad's funeral, I showed her your
picture.  She has seen you on campus.    Small world!

Glad to hear that I am not the only one frustrated with the Vibe.  But, it
was the best choice for a pump in my opinion.

				Jamie