[Diabetes-Talk] DXCom G5 First Time User

Daniel Chavez topdog2046 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 23:38:44 UTC 2017

Hello list,
I am writing to see whether anyone has had success with the DXCom app for their DXCom Continuous Glucose Monitoring meter?
I ask because my endocrinologist is working on getting a continuous glucose monitoring meter for me, and this is my first time ever that I'll be using a meter that continuously monitors glucose level's.
They say that the company they go through is DexCom, and that the meter they'd get, most likely, would be the DexCom G5.
So my other questions are:
1. Can you see your results with VO using the DexCom app on iPhone?
2. How easy is the DexCom G5 to configure?
3. My doctor's MA tells me you have to change the sensor's weekly, how can you achieve this?
4. How often do you have to calibrate the meter?
And lastly
5. How much memory does the DexCom G5 have? And how many results can the DexCom G5 hold?
Thanks for any help that can be provided.