[Diabetes-Talk] re question for those with cgm and wnating ot swim

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 22:58:49 UTC 2017

Even though the Animas pump is waterproof, I'm like Bridget in that I leave
mine off.  I don't even shower with mine.  As for your Dexcom, the only
issue will be it going out of range on you.  I wouldn't take the receiver
anywhere near the pool, even if it is a private pool.  Too risky for it to
be accidentally knocked in the water or even splashed.

One thing that I like to do to keep my bearings in a large open space like a
pool or when shoveling our driveway is to have some kind of sound cue that
lets you know which direction you are facing.  Nothing worse than being lost
in space and not know which way to go.  If your pool has lane dividers, that
will help you keep from being too lost in it.

				Jamie