[Diabetes-Talk] The dreaded letter from Animas! O M G!

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Sat Oct 14 02:24:10 UTC 2017

Hi everyone.
Just in case some of you have not read this yet, here is a rough scan of the
letter I received in the mail today from Animas. Yikes! The sky just fell!
Here's the text:

October 10, 2017
Dear Valued Animas® Customer,
We understand the trust and confidence you place in our products and
company, and we recognize that you rely on our products to provide critical
care and maintain your day-to-day health. It is, therefore, very important
that you have accurate information about a recent announcement made by
Animas Corporation, and understand what it means for you and your diabetes
care.
We are writing to inform you that we intend to discontinue the manufacture
and sale of Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping® insulin pumps, close operations
and exit the insulin pump business. This decision was extremely difficult
and comes following an extensive exploration of all other viable options for
the Animas business.
We have selected Medtronic as our partner-of-choice to facilitate a seamless
insulin delivery system transition period. One of the reasons we chose
Medtronic as our partner-of-choice is because of its strong track record
providing outstanding patient care and support. For over 30 years, Medtronic
has been a global leader in the treatment of those living with diabetes, and
we are confident that they will provide outstanding support to you and your
healthcare team.
If you are currently using an Animas pump and pump supplies, you will
continue to receive pump support and services. Specifically, Animas will
continue to provide customer service, training and warranty support,
including providing pump supplies that are used in conjunction with the
Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch Ping®, through a transition period. As part of
our continued commitment to patient care, Animas will honor pump warranties.
Here is a summary of what this means for you:
•	Animas has discontinued the sale of all Animas® Vibe® and OneTouch
Ping® insulin pumps effective immediately.
"• ITyou^reona pump with a warranty that expires on or after September 30,
2019, you or your pump supplier will be contacted by a member of the
Medtronic transition team concerning the option to transfer to a Medtronic
630G insulin delivery system at no cost.
•	If your warranty expires before September 30, 2019, Animas will
continue to honor your warranty until your warranty expires and you
transition to a new pump. When your pump warranty is about to expire, we
encourage you to explore your options by visiting
www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling (855) 322-9568.
•	If your pump is not under warranty or your pump has a warranty
expiring by December 31, 2017, you may explore your options by visiting
www.medtronicdiabetes.com/Animas or by calling (855) 322-9568.
•	If you currently use LifeScan, Dexcom or Diasend products, continue
to use them. You will continue to receive the same customer care.

1017-PATUS

Our number one priority is ensuring you have a seamless experience and
continuity of care as you transition to Medtronic. Of course, you should
work with your doctor to decide which insulin delivery system is right for
you. Please reach out to the Animas Customer Care team at (800) 661-1730 if
you have questions.
We are incredibly grateful for your trust, confidence and loyalty and for
the opportunity to help you with your diabetes care.
Sincerely,
Animas Corporation

1017-PATUS

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407