[Diabetes-Talk] Newly diagnosed with blood sugar testing concerns

Mary Sanders sanders.mary1992 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 03:39:16 UTC 2018

Hi Amber,
To preface, don’t apologize for asking questions. We are here to help each other!
Regarding your questions here are my responses.
1. I use the clever choice meter which is extremely accessible.
2. To this day I have trouble getting enough blood on the strip. Thus, receiving false readings. I am not successful pricking the sides so I have to prick my finger pass. Then I attempt to squeeze my finger to get a little more blood. I am totally blind myself, keep in mind it’s trial and error whether new or experienced. Once you put your finger to the tip of the test strip it should beep then tell you your glucose level. Everyone has their own goals and we are here to support each other.
I am pretty new to diabetes myself, please reach out for moral support.
Best,
Mary Sanders

Sent from my iPhone