[Diabetes-Talk] metformin and encopresis

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Feb 20 12:37:37 UTC 2018

For some of us taking Metformin for long enough results in loss of good
bowel control.  That happened to me.  The blood sugar and A1c are and have
been under good control for the last few years though.  One thing I want
to warn anyone who ends up with this kind of loss is to find better pants
than Salk Sani-Pants!  Those work while wearing but are too poorly
constructed to survive many laundry cycles.  The waterproofing breaks and
then the pants have to be trashed.  I have heard about P.U.L. pants and
will be shopping for some this month since from what I've read are more
durable for longer.