[Diabetes-Talk] The great experiment has begun!

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Wed May 2 00:42:38 UTC 2018

Well, darn!  As for drawing up the amount of insulin...

Before I went on a pump, my husband and I used these plastic strips to  draw up our insulin.  We had strips cut and brailled for 1 thru  100 units.  The strips have a notch in them that fits over the flange of the syringe.  You would pull back on the plunger until the end was lined up with the end of the strip.  If you mixed two kinds of insulin, you would use one strip for the first amount, and the 2nd strip was the two numbers added together.  I still have them.  All  I can get Seeing AI to read is that they are for U-100 syringes and are made in Berkley, CA.  Is that L,S&S?  I don't know what they are actually called, since my husband had them when I married him.  Let me go have my son take a picture of one and send it to you.  Maybe, Peter can figure out how to make a template of one for you.  If not, I'll see if I can find out who makes them or if they are even still available.  If not, I can send you one.

				Jamie