[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom and Medicare.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Mon Oct 1 21:33:19 UTC 2018

Hi everyone!
Well, I am now a very unhappy camper. Today I officially start on Medicare.
Boo hiss! I hereby declaire my supplemental insurance a giant waste of
money. If Medicare covers something, they will pay a little bit more. If
Medicare denies, they will too. You all probably know where this is going.
My next batch of Dexcom sensors will be paid completely out of pocket, which
is over $300 per month. But I'm not going backwards. According to Dexcom,
Medicare has officially approved the G6, but they just don't have a contract
yet. How stupid is that. The contract could be sorted out by the end of the
year. They will then have an upgrade program for Medicare recipients who are
using the G5. But it makes no sense for me to go through all the prior
authorizations and stuff to go backwards for a month or two or three. And I
can't imagine what takes six months to be written up in a contract. Is this
where they bundle it with an inaccessible meter? Is this where we could
potentially have another fight over not being required to use the receiver?
This is where someone with NFB or somewhere should be on the alert and
working with Dexcom and Medicare. But that's not happening either.
Now I get to go find out if everyone was telling me the truth about the
Omnipod. But hey, my supplemental plan would buy me a hearing aid. It's
amazing how private insurance companies have to offer continuity of care
when you change plans. But the government, nope!
Well, time to start buying lottery tickets I guess. <grin>
Anyway, thanks for listening. I'll keep you posted and I'm back to doing
some research again.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407