[Diabetes-Talk] Medtronic Insulin Pump Delima.

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Oct 19 21:48:35 UTC 2018

With what I am using which is called at least I am not sure how they spell it.

SureT  This is the needle which is attached to a small amount of tubing and has a adapter that is attached to the skin bia tape and has a locking piece that locks into the longer length of tubing.  The long length of tubing has the maile end of the lock, the length of tubing and on the opposite end has a cylinder type with a needle that goes into the syringe type that holds the insulin.  This cylinder which is the syringe unit is a syringe with a plunger on one end and a plastic that has a needle in it which you put the bottle of insulin in to  draw the insulin into the syringe.

There is no sound [clicking] when you draw up the insulin, but basically my thumb's with equals about 200 units.   I put elastics on my box of insulin to determine how many units I have used out of a bottle and I do toss away a portion of what is left in the bottle.  Since I can't see the bottle nor the syringe I rather toss it then come up short in the syringe.  That is how I was taught thru the medtronic's trainer.

Joyce