[Diabetes-Talk] Pro Voice V9 Glucometer

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Tue Sep 4 21:58:02 UTC 2018

Most of the time it seems to be about a year. Once in awhile it's longer and sometimes, surprise! Only a few months. But on average, around a year.
The thing I always wonder about, and have no answer of course, is how strips are stored in warehouses
And whether or not any temperature limitations are violated. It does say on the boxes, not to get above and below a certain temperature but I can't remember those numbers at the moment. I can look though.
I guess all of this stuff explains why they want us to test with the glucose control solution. But truthfully, I've never been any good at that. <grin>
As for the amount of blood needed for a test, the FreeStyle, which I use, takes half the blood required by the Prodigy. And even then sometimes I have trouble. I'll have to find out how much blood the CleverCheck and the other meter want.
And despite years of using moisturizer and all of that, with two months of hardly any finger sticks at all, my callouses haven't gone down at all yet. My endo told me that some of this is just individual make-up. Some people just make callous or scar tissue more than others. So, I'm ready for complete auto pilot now. <big grin.>
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407