[Diabetes-Talk] Updated Needed Info about Embrace

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Sep 20 02:39:39 UTC 2018

First, Eileen, just to be clear, I don't always have to read my pump screen, only when I get in trouble or when I'm changing a pod, just to make sure I'm where I think I am. The good news is that I can read the screen to get more information than I got from any previous pump. I did not have much luck getting Seeing AI to read the screen on the 530G. But right now, honestly, giving a bolus with the OmniPod, for me, is faster than doing it on the Animas. I do wish a pod lasted as long as a cartridge though. <grin>
Medtronic did have an offer for Animas users last year that within a specified time frame you switched to the 630G, you didn't have to pay. Obviously that wasn't an option over here and I didn't like the pump anyway.
I was told that getting pump supplies paid for was not related to the pump warranty. But in two weeks I'm sure I will start discovering all of the not so fine points of Medicare. I'm sure not impressed with the Medicare supplement I have but can't do much about that at the moment.
But boy do we need that jet. We could really learn so much sitting down together and getting our hands on each other's pumps. But seriously, if any of you check out the OmniPod and have questions, I'm more than happy to do my best to answer them. Eileen, were I in your shoes, I would insist that Medtronic extend your warranty if they can't offer you something new which you can use. For those who have to switch, they should wave those requirements given their self-imposed deadline. That's one of the reasons I don't like that company. But I do know a lot of people that are happy with them and if that meets their needs, I'm very happy for them. It's what we all deserve.
I am continuing to try to put pressure on Insulet to make some changes as well but it gets tricky on my own sometimes.
I am sending out another series of letters tomorrow and will not stop till I break down the proper door. None of us should have to risk dying for the cause. Hang in there, everyone. Let's keep at it.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com