[Diabetes-Talk] Questions regarding blood sugar and diet

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu Aug 8 19:16:59 UTC 2019

Earlier today I was talking with an R.N. and asked about all of the no
calorie and low calorie sweeteners.  I was told that for some diabetics
even these low calorie and no calorie sweeteners raise blood sugar
although their effects would be less than with garden variety sugar.  For
that reason it's best to test and find out what happens in individual
cases.  For someone with a glucose reading of 300 it's good to know what
and how much each of those sweeteners will have an effect and which will
have the least effect.