[Diabetes-Talk] FreeStyle Libre questions

Jeanette Kutash kutash-jm at comcast.net
Mon Dec 16 22:59:01 UTC 2019

Clearing up confusion about freestyle Libre. When you first get approved you have to have their meter, according to most insurance companies. However, that meter is not accessible to us. So, for example, I have one, but I access my readings through the app. Sighted people are more likely to use the meter. In most cases if you do not show you have a meter, you will not be approved for the censors.

Once you have the first meter you can put it in a closet and never worry about it unless you have enough vision to use it instead of the app.

Since if you are using the app you cannot use the meter at the same time, using the app works for me.

Jeanette