[Diabetes-Talk] travel and diabetes in public

Amber Wallenstein amber.wallens at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 01:23:19 UTC 2019

Hi all:
I will be traveling a lot for work in the next year.  What are some things I should know for traveling by plane with diabetes?  Do I have to have a doctor’s letter or anything, or do TSA agents give you problems about needles or lancets or your CGM?  Can  a CGM go through X-ray equipment?  I will be staying in hotels and I need to keep my insulin cold. If I ask can I get a small fridge?
Any other things I should know?
How about eating in public and diabetes?  I have to take my insulin  right before eating. Do you just go to the bathroom and do your shot?
Sorry I’m just a little paranoid here. Thanks for any advice.
:)
Amber