[Diabetes-Talk] medicare

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Thu Feb 7 22:05:41 UTC 2019

I don't believe this for a minute. If I thought Medicare had half the staff
available to actually look at all of this information we send, I would say
we had too many government employees. They just want to make sure they spend
as little money as possible and heavens! Why believe a doctor that a person
has a certain permanent condition. Makes no sense to me that I have to
repeat a stupid C peptide test when I'd done one ten years ago. Never heard
of that result changing for a type 1 diabetic. This business of only
allowing the exact amount of strips matching the number of tests you say you
do, this shows how little they know about living with finger sticks on a
daily basis. And for things like my Omnipod, would you believe, the pods
have to have different packaging for those of us on Medicare. So if you have
real insurance, you get pods in boxes of ten. If you have Medicare, you get
boxes of five. I mean really, we couldn't have anyone accidentally get one
more pod than the absolute minimum necessary.
And for my rheumatoid arthritis I take Enbrel, which is an injectable drug.
It comes in a pen, same dosage for everyone. You just pull off the cap, hold
against your skin and push the button. No choice on what to do. Yet after my
month-long battle to get the drug covered, I have been told I can have 3.92
doses per 30 days. Huh? I should have 4 every 28 days, one per week. This
just shows how ridiculous this bureaucracy has become. I don't believe for
one minute that anyone really cares about how I'm managing.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407