[Diabetes-Talk] using insulin pumps

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 08:43:28 UTC 2019

No, using AIRA or Be My Eyes or Facetime don't work with current pumps
because of the glare and how the icons are layed out. I've tried it as have
others here.

Plus, I bolus several times a day, and it would take up a lot of minutes for
the number of times I use my pump in a day in addition to any other uses for
AIRA. Pump users would burn through AIRA minutes quickly. And not everyone
can afford that.

I prefer to use AIRA for things I truly cannot not do on my own; like access
all the hard-copy print paperwork that comes every day in my son's backpack;
or learning what my surrounding landmarks are when in new areas that I would
not be able to discern from a distance. Things of that nature. To each his
own though.

But again, currently, it doesn't work well to use AIRA to have help
accessing insulin pumps.