[Diabetes-Talk] Question for pump users.

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Tue Feb 12 17:37:02 UTC 2019

Okay, my curiosity is getting the best of me here. My question is based on
one of your posts, Bridgit. You elaborated on the differing insulin to carb
ratios you had during the day. My question is this. How do you make use of
this on your pumps?
The only way I make use of this is by manually entering the number of carbs.
I take advantage of correction by manually entering bG readings and letting
the pump use its factors and insulin on board features to determine how much
insulin I need.
At the last conference I attended, granted the rep did not know the 530 at
all, but all of the Medtronic trainers I've recently met seem to think that
we'll all just go in and tell it to deliver a bolus of X amount of insulin.
So, can you manually enter carb values? Insulin on board, and insulin to
carb ratios are a couple of the main things I will not do without on a pump.
On the Omnipod I have all possible ways of getting a bolus delivered. I
certainly did with the Cozmo and I managed it with the Animas as well. Just
wondering.
Thanks.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407