[Diabetes-Talk] when out

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter bkpollpeter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 21:10:17 UTC 2019

You must have the Autocode then. Bluetooth ear buds only work on devices that have blutooth capability, which meters like Prodigy don't have. But obviously, a smart phone does.

As others have said, I doubt anyone is paying attention to what you do, especially on your phone. Most people are doing something on their phone, so it wouldn't be unusual. And sighted people who are diabetic also use apps for tools like Dexcom.

Personally, I care very little for what others think or say about me, but I would honestly be surprised if anyone paid attention to your phone unless you didn't use ear buds and they could hear voiceover just because people are curious about it, but a I have said, I doubt they can understand it. On my iPhone, my voiceover is at 75%, and few sighted people can understand it. I rarely use ear buds unless somewhere where I don't want to make a lot of noise like in class or a conference. Otherwise, I don't care.