[Diabetes-Talk] what am I doing wrong?

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Wed Jan 2 20:09:27 UTC 2019

For me, I wouldn't necessarily say practice makes perfect. <grin> It does make improvement though. I'm one of those who often had to do 4 to 6 finger sticks per test because I just wasn't getting enough blood. Now that I'm using the Dexcom G6 and my fingers are getting a nice break, when I do need to test, I usually get it on the first try. I've used many different talking meters over the years. Anybody remember all of the LifeScan meters that required us to buy third party boxes to attach to the meters? Some of them were cute but boy did they require a lot of blood! The thing I hated about the Prodigy is that it was so easy to set it off when say, sitting on a bus. At the moment I'm fortunate that my hubby made me a talking box for the FreeStyle Lite meter. It's way smaller than the Prodigy and requires half the blood. And yes, I also pick up the meter and bring it to my finger.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com