[Diabetes-Talk] Accu Chek Guide.

Eileen Scrivani etscrivani at verizon.net
Fri Jan 11 16:09:20 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I looked up the Accu Chek Guide this morning and I am questioning if someone with no vision would be able to use the meter. The item that is making me question its usability is when asked for date & time in the setup. I was watching a YouTube video and it showed the meter’s set up. However the set up was not done with a blue tooth connection to a smart device. Its just one of those small little details that could hang up the whole usability of the meter by a person who is blind and who does not have sighted assistance to help out. If it’s a matter of setting date once and then the meter would retain the date & time values and account for day light savings changes that could be worked around, but would become more of a issue if the date & time values needed to be manually re-entered say with each battery change &/or day light savings. The other question is also if these settings would be adjustable through an app.

I also looked in the app store and the only app I could locate for Accu Chek was “Accu Chek Connect”. I’m not sure if this is the same app that will work with the Guide meter. I did download the Connect app to my IPhone and the first 2 or so screens did seem to read, but without having a meter to test it out thoroughly, its impossible for me to be 100% sure. If I can get a free meter and sample test strips I’m willing to give it a try. I just don’t want to have to purchase a large quantity of strips to findout it has problems that can’t be worked around.

Eileen