[Diabetes-Talk] Even more questions regarding the Libre

Terri Stimmel princessterri76 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 09:01:38 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

I have more questions, regarding the Freestyle Libre. I hope you all won’t mind? And I hope some of you can help me out.

I have been approved for the Libre. It was shipped out yesterday. So I am really hoping that it won’t take long at all to get here.

When I receive it, what are some things I should know?
Can I start using it right away?
Or is it best to start at a certain time? And always change out the sensor at the same time, or around that time, when that needs changing?

I plan to call my doctor’s office, to let them know I now have the Libre system. The doctor told me to do this once I got it, and to come in and they will help me with it.
However, his office staff told me that, because I would be using it differently, that I would have to learn it on my own. I think someone was definitely mistaken there. LOL!

I believe I got the 14 day system. So once I have a sensor on, can I start using the device emediately? Or do I have to wait a certain period of time, before this can happen?
And once I go to use it, is there anything I need to do to prepare it, so I receive the best blood sugar readings as possible?

Anything you all can tell me, or think I should know, is very much appreciated. I am very excited to be receiving this device. But as you all can imagine, I am pretty nervous as well.

Thank you,

Terri