[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom Question

Doula Jarboe doula.jarboe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 01:45:04 UTC 2019

Hi Robert,
 You have a great question about the adhesive. I too have allergies to
adhesives and had the same type of question when I was starting with
the Dexcom. My Diabetes educater suggested that I spray Flownaise, the
sinus allergy spray on the area that I was going to stick the sensor
and let it dry after cleaning with the alcohol swab. I've since
discovered that I can tolerate the tape without having to use the
spray, but that might be helpful for your wife to know. I hope she
ends up getting one, because as with others, my having the Dexcom has
made a real difference.
Warmly,
Doula