[Diabetes-Talk] Does anyone remember the pumps that first cane out?

Jamie Gurganus jamielgurganus at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:56:05 UTC 2019

All I know is that I was a sophomore in college in 1984 when I started using one of the very first blood glucose meters. I started having vision problems in 1986 and was totally blind by 1987. I think it was in 1987 that I was introduced to the very first talking meter which was that Accu Chek one that was in a huge c carrying case. The meter it was on the left with a guide to help you get the blood on the strip. You would carry all of your supplies inside the case. It was big and bulky, but it worked!

What Joy and I were talking about was the very first insulin pump.

    Jamie

Sent from my iPhone