[Diabetes-Talk] Dexcom's at it again!

Veronica Elsea veronica at laurelcreekmusic.com
Fri Jul 19 20:28:05 UTC 2019

Hi everyone.
Here's hoping some of you have recovered from convention, many of you are
keeping cool and all of that. I am about to start my week end without my
Dexcom. First they delayed getting back to me as I was trying to place my
order for sensors and now my order is stuck in that black hole they call
quality control. Right! Delay in shipping. Oh, but we'll get you a
complementary sensor. That was denied. So I now do without for who knows how
long.
I don't understand this new brand of people running a company who makes
life-saving technology who doesn't seem to be the least bit bothered if
patients do without it.
Two weeks ago I had a defective injector pen for my rheumatoid arthritis
medication and the company claimed they'd replace it. But of course, my
doctor had to fill out this form, prescription, bla bla bla! I just did
without for a week and never did hear from them.

But back to companies like Dexcom, with all of the various diabetes this and
that organizations out there, I can't believe that I can't find anybody
making a giant fuss about this.
And just in time, I briefly found an article stating that CVS was going to
limit the number of test strips any individual person could purchase,
regardless of medical need. "If you need more, you'll have to go somewhere
else." I'll try and find that link again and if I succeed, I'll post it
here.
Sometimes I think the medical profession just wants us to die and get out of
the way. Either that or someone's making a boat load of money off of
hospitalizations for serious complications.
Okay, gripe over. Thanks for having the space where I can vent my
frustration while I do life and try to act like everything's just peachy.
Veronica

"Guide Dogs, First Hand", Veronica Elsea's classic album is now available on
iTunes, along with other music from her and from the Guide Dog Glee Club.
To learn more, visit:
http://www.laurelcreekmusic.com
Phone: 831-429-6407